It does have the electrolock and I would like to keep the appearance original. However I was able to get a very similar coil from tractor supply company this morning. I installed it, and it ran the same. So its safe to rule out the coil. Now the condenser...... I guess I have to call around and see where I can get one. Its a darn shame, the one in there is brand new.

Symptoms for today. Checked the plugs again after pounding on it and popping it all the way up my hill, the plugs still have a white tint on the tip however they are very clean. This is unusual because I would figure if it was misfiring the plugs would be black. They look the way they should.

I noticed today, when I gave the motor a good revv in the driveway that it does begin to break up in the higher rpm range even when it is not under a load. But it breaks up much lower if you put a load on it. I still don't believe its a fuel delivery issue but I am running out of electrical components to check. I think this is going to have to be the next thing I look at.

P.S. What is the top rpm range I want to revv this thing to. I am not standing on it and unfortunately I do not have an rpm gauge. Just want to make sure its not like 3000 or something.

DG


1946 Chevy Stylemaster Sedan - 216 6 Cylinder
1971 Chevelle SS
1995 Monte Carlo Z34
2005 Corvette Z51