The clifford long block comes with their cam, blueprinted head, single 4bbl or 2 bbl. balanced intake, twin header set up, valve cover, oil pan. They quote about $4,300.00.
I will use this vehicle just to go to local shows and cruises. Considering the Saginaw 4 speed conversion by Patrick's but I don't like the shift boot it looks like a 1960's JC Whitney piece.
Will be using the 216 valve cover and we are fabricating a lifter cover from the 216 that will fit the 235.
Strongly thinking about skipping the Clifford long block and just using a later year 235 that can produce close to 140 horse. That's really all I need. What does everyone think?
Wish me luck sandblasting tomorrow, now I'll know for sure what's under that paint.I bought this 1949 Suburban from the original owner last year, he still drove it at 85.Has every original part it left the factory with, even the original seat material on the mid and back seat.