I have a fuel smell in the cab. I checked all connections from the carb to the tank. Only one leaking was the output of the fuel pump to the carb. Tightened it as much as I dared to. It wasn't that loose just small wetness around it. Pulled the seat out to check the tank area. Found no leak anywhere. Smelled around the sending unit and filler and vent connections. Nothing. I will replace the connector hoses as the vent hose has small cracks in it (but no smell). I am at a loss as to where else to check. Any ideas? While checking I found a disconnected ground strap from the frame to starter. Cleaned and connected it. Ground strap from battery was disconnected from battery and a 12V cable connected from battery to trans housing. I will reconnect the original ground strap and get a new cable to connect from frame where ground strap connects to trans housing. Cleaned the connection from sending unit to body as well as POR15 was used behind the seat. Still no fuel gauge reading.

Last edited by cletis; 04/07/2010 5:24 AM. Reason: clarified title