| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,228 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 223 | If you do not believe that the vent or filler connections are leaking, you may not want to mess with them. I only got the bad fuel smell after I replaced them. The original ones were sealed up by being in place for 50 some years. New ones might not seal as well. Also I get fuel smell if tank is full and I make a sharp left. I believe gas shloshes into vent area in filler neck and disapates fumes until the gas evaporates. Look at it and I think you might see what I am talking about. | | |
| |
| |