I just picked up a 47 GMC COE 1.5ton short wheel base with a dump bed. It is by far the coolest big bolt I've had. It runs good, cab is in excellent shape. Fenders are in good shape but have some dents. Not one spot of rust that needs to be fixed. Are the COE's known for being relatively rust free? I've never ran across a 60+ year old project car that doesn't have a few rust problems. This is my first COE anddump so I have some questions.
I'm missing 2 of the 4 trim pieces on the hood. Do these interchange with Chevy COE's?
Does the front window frame interchange with the Chevy/GMC light trucks.
What type of fluid goes in the hydraulic cylinder for the bed. The bed doesn't raise all the way, I suspect the fluid is low.
The brakes don't work, I suspect I need a master cylinder and some wheel cylinders. Are the wheel cylinder and master cylinder specific to the COE's. Where would I find what interchanges.
http://community.webshots.com/album/577163865mexrvB