Hi Jrpontiac,
Nice catch! Unfortunately the grill and hood chrome pieces don't interchange. The grills are noticably different and the hood on the GMCs take chrome strips that are all the same length. Chevys graduate to longer as they go up the hood. There is probably one from the Chevy that is the same as GMC, but I don't know which. If you give me a measurement I'll measure mine and see which it lines up to.
The windshields do interchange with chevy.
I have found the old coes to be relatively rust free. They get a little where the fenders meed the running boards, and sometimes a little on the floor where the two pieces meet, or occasionally on the fromt frame pads....I have seen a little in the lower doors as well as above the windshield. They must drain well.
Napa has the brake parts you need if the others don't. You can rebuild them or they do have complete master and wheel cylinders. Definately match up what you have with the new.