So I'm fixing to install the nv3500 trans but I'm having trouble figuring out which throwout bearing I should use. When I installed the motor a few years ago I had put in a new pressure plate, clutch disc and throwout bearing. I got the flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disc and bearing with the nv trans when I got it. The bearing I had in the truck is about and inch longer than the one I got with the new trans. The flywheel I got with the trans was new and barely cleared the bellhousing but did fit, but I'd have to buy a new starter. I opted to use the new clutch package I had bought not long ago since it was in almost new shape but is smaller.
I bolted both clutch packages to each of their flywheels to compare installed heights and set them next to each other on the table. The package I had pulled out of the truck is about 1/2" longer than the package I got with the trans. I don't know which bearing would be best to use?
The input shafts on the NV trans and my old sm420 trans are the exact same length and size. Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated!
Jeremy