Hey guys. I just got a hold of what I beleive is a nv3500 trans. I want to swap the sm420 trans out of my '49 Chevy pickup and I already have a '73 250 L6 motor installed. I was able to get the clutch, clutch disc, pressure plate and slave cyl with it. Not sure if I'll be able to use all those or not. I did buy new clutch and pressure plate when I swapped the motor so hoping I can reuse those.
I need help from someone who has done a similar swap. I'm not very familiar with making a hydraulic clutch work in an older truck. I know I need the master cylinder, maybe different clutch pedal etc but what else? What exact clutch package did you use that worked best?
I would really like to use this trans since I have it, but would I be way better off getting a T5 or nv4500 instead? I know the 4500 are much stronger but also much more expensive. And the t5 is kinda weak. I DO NOT have the $$ to go out and buy the perfect trans. I was lucky enough to get this one. This trans is electronic so I won't have speedo I guess- don't have one now so I'm used to it. Didn't see a tag on it, just the numbers cast in the side. I already swapped the rearend (already had half open/ closed driveshaft- something the previous owner cooked up) but I'll have to get a different driveshaft anyway. I hope you guys can help me out so this swap won't be a major pain. Hoping to maybe get it done in time for the Lone Star Roundup in Austin! Thanks,
Jeremy
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/...20Chevy/?action=view¤t=025.jpghttp://s245.photobucket.com/albums/...20Chevy/?action=view¤t=026.jpghttp://s245.photobucket.com/albums/...20Chevy/?action=view¤t=022.jpghttp://s245.photobucket.com/albums/...20Chevy/?action=view¤t=028.jpg