| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,496 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 | Thanks for the suggestions Patrick. The less invasive I am the better.
The only access panel in the whole unit is a 4 X 4 inch panel at the top center of the tailgate. This panel allows access to the tail gate latch bars.
Due to the wood framing inside I can not see the entire inside of the assembly. That is why I decided to drill access holes at the bottom where I can later plug the holes with removeable plugs and then cover them with new weather stripping.
There were only 59 of these built in 1946 so finding another tail gate would be imposible. | | |
| |
| |