| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
120
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 | I am begining to start restoring the tailgate on my 1946 Suburban.
It is a 2 piece unit welded together with one access plate for the latch assembly.
I hate to cut it open and with the exception of one easily repaired rusted area around one hinge I do not have any serious issues to address.
Having said that I think I need to rust proof the interior of the tail gate and seal up the wood frame work inside.
My initial thought is to drill 3 holes in the bottom and do my best to flush and clean out the interior and then seal the inside with fuel tank sloshing compound/sealer.
After that I would seal the holes I drilled with plugs/drains to avoid any moisture problems in the future.
Does anybody have any experience, suggestions or comments on how I could do this better/differently? | | |
| |
| |