The thing that bothers me is the ability of any one with a 9/16" wrench being able to quickly remove the nut from the bolt at any time, anywhere and causing you to find yourself down the road with a major problem on your hands not to mention the damage that could be done. In my case, the rear shackles, especially, are very visable.

I would like to come up with a more secure way of "locking" the carriage bolt and nut on the truck, without a major production, but with a way that would obviously discourage anyone from even considering messing with the truck.

Maybe it's not that big of a deal, but it sure is easy to remove that nut from that bolt, fast!! I'm thinking in terms of a cotter pin, a hitch pin or, best of all, a push on retainer clip, like is used on rear wheel drums, to hold the nut on and not be very visable.

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane