| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,184 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 48 | Which five speed Overdrive manual trans do I want in order to get decent freeway speed from my 57 3600?
Towns in Nevada are far apart, 55 MPH will not cut it.
Engine is a strong 350. Still want to haul and tow, may want to keep a granny low if possible. But I have to get a taller final drive.
Prefer not to change the rear axle, trans seems like it may be easier and less expensive. I will replace the mechanical trans brake with a line-lok.
Current trans works and shifts very well, just too low in fourth gear. 1957 Chevy 3600At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed! | | |
| |
| |