Hey guys!!
Thanks for the replies!
Might you describe what the shift pattern would be for the 4spd? When I got in it to roll it down from the trailer, I moved through the pattern and the 'H' was pretty fluid. (Yay!) Top-left was a little hard to get into (I figured this was 1st or reverse and maybe the gear wasn't quite lined up). As an aside, the hurst shifter on my super T-10 4spd places reverse up-and-to-the-left of the H, with a pretty stiff spring to keep one from mistaking it for 1st dang
After you mentioned that the GMC motor is not stock, I began looking around online; I found some photos of a GMC 270 that seemed to look similar and also fit the era of this truck. This could be a whole other thread but is the GMC 270 much different than the Chevy motor that would've been in it...as far as tuneup and basic maintenance, as opposed to rebuilding or innards. Just curious if the shop manual I have will still pertain in this area.

While the GMC motor is not stock, I'd like my repairs as stock as possible. The truck has seen plenty of hacks and field-dressings so I'd like to correct them in a 'stock' manner. For example...and I've only had a very short look at it while it was up on the trailer...the fuel pump looked very similar to the unit that is on my '70 Firebird. However, I've read that it 'should' have a combo fuel pump/vaccume booster to aid vaccume accessories like the brake booster, 2spd rear and windshield wipers. Maybe my visual was off; I'll get a closer look once I'm not rolling around in snow grin

Take care for now!