Speedi Sleeve: The first one I bought had no tool or lip to it. The instructions said to hammer it on with a blcok of some sort and rip the front portion off after where there was a parting line. Well the ripping part destroyed it completely. The second one I bought with the above part number had a lip and a tool. The tool slips over the shaft and rests on the lip. It is easy to hammer on. I left the lip in place because it didn't present a problem.

Seal: The old seal should come out fairly easily. I like to pry at the lip, rip it a bit and then yank it out with pliers. The new seal can be installed using a large pipe nipple as a driver. I don't think you need to hit it hard enough to bend the cover.

Last edited by truckernix; 02/19/2010 9:58 PM.

1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!