| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,123 Posts1,056,653 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 33 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 33 | I am ready to re-install my 216 cylinder head. There is a fair bit of carbon on top of the pistons- perhaps 1/2mm thick in the centres of the pistons. I've tried scrubbing with carb cleaner and a stiff nylon brush, it doesn't do much.
My question is: Can I use any sort of WIRE brush to scrub the piston tops (at TDC) or will that ruin the pistons?
Do they even need to be cleaned at all? | | |
| |
| |