| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln),
112
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,491 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 | IMO the one and only redeeming factor for "Idiot lights" is that if there is a problem they are on, and in your face. Only an idiot would ignore them. That's why I've had thoughts of running both. I watch my gauges, but by no means is my attention fixed on them. They would be nice for those long night drives. As an example I had a head crack on the 327 in 68 C20. It happened that quick that if it hadn't been for a traffic problem I wouldn't have noticed. There was no indication of excessive heat under the hood. There was an indication of heat by the time I got off the freeway. It did collapse a piston, but I was able to drive it till I found a replacement, did sound real good.
Larry
I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink. | | | |
Entire Thread
|
350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| rfs56trk | 01/21/2010 6:17 PM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| Hotrod Lincoln | 01/21/2010 6:24 PM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| Daniel Bland | 01/21/2010 6:56 PM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| 48bigtrucks | 01/22/2010 5:35 AM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| rfs56trk | 01/25/2010 5:02 PM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| OldSub | 01/25/2010 9:09 PM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| rfs56trk | 01/26/2010 2:42 AM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| truckernix | 01/26/2010 3:54 AM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| Pete52 | 01/26/2010 4:00 AM |
Re: 350 Engine got hot, might be toast
| LGriffin | 01/26/2010 2:42 PM | |
| |
| |