I never tried to convert a vehicle radio. I think getting the dial calibrated would be the hardest part, that is, if the original dial was to be used. I might have to explore that one of these days the next time I find and old junker radio.
Hey Matt, I'm just a shade tree electronics guy. heh. I've been fascinated with radio for most of my life. It started when I was a kid listening to the wonders of AM skip at night. That turned into shortwave, tube radios, getting my ham radio license and working in the broadcast radio business. It's like anything you have an interest in, you just pick up on things over time. Having an old Chevy truck with an old radio in it helps too. heh
Go to the radio section of the electrical forum and you'll find some folks there that are quite knowledgeable about this stuff.
By the way, I have a '65 C-10 myself. I was checking the photos
out on your old stepside. It's coming along in good fashion. I'd like to have a stocker stovebolt like that one day! I haven't driven a three on the tree is years. By the time my '65 got to me, a Saginaw non-granny 4 speed had been installed.
Keep up the good work!
Marc