| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (52Carl, fonz8261, Gdads51, 2-Ton, Forty9, RoadsScholar, mk72, 1 invisible),
138
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,343 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 56 | Radioripster:
Thanks for the information. I've kept my '65 as stock as possible (230 w/3 on the tree) and do not usually play the radio as I want to enjoy the ride and hear any noises that may indicate a problem. Without gauges in a 45 year old truck, you never know when you'll be on the side of the road (past experience!). Those dummy lights only tell you there is a problem after the problem has occured, not before. With regards to the radio...not my area to tamper with. I would probable short out something. I looked at many donor cars for parts and most have the radio removed or replaced with a newer model. How can you tell if its solid state of tube? I though the warming up part indicated tubes and the solid state units would turn on immediately...
Just curious...
thanks | | |
| |
| |