All -
Fantastic forum, can't say enough good things about it. Hoping to get a few ideas from the folks here.
I am currently on active duty for some training and have been for 6 months. Done 29 Jan and there is a possibility that my company is going to move me from Texas to Virginia for a new job, possibly as soon as early Feb. That means I'd need to ship my truck.
Now the problem. Before I left I was just starting to reassemble the truck, so it currently is just the frame with cab bolted on, wheels, brakes (but no master cylinder) and a tranny just hanging underneath with straps (sold the motor). Everything else, steering, glass, all body panels, trim, seat, etc is in a storage unit.
So my question: is there a way to ship a disassembled truck that doesn't even run, steer, or brake? The truck is in my garage which has a decently steep little driveway 10 yards down to the road.
Not sure if I could get a closed transport to put the truck in plus all loose body panels, tranny, and parts? How would they get the truck in the transport? I was thinking I might be able to hire a tow truck to back up to my garage, winch the truck on a flat bed, then put it down on my street, and then a closed transport truck might be able to winch it on?
I'm not sure as I've never shipping a vehicle of any sort, but I know this whole situation is stressing me out a bit. No way I'm going to get rid of the truck, too much work put into it. But just not sure how to make it work.
Any advice is appreciated!
v/r
Rob