Hey, all-
I have an extremely nice '57 GMC hood. I want an extremely nice '55 Chevy hood. I'd far prefer to swap to someone who needs the GMC piece, but I have to admit to wondering if I could just simply cut out the GMC "nostril" and weld in a "nose" patch from my bad '55 Chevy hood. I like the two '57 style wind splits (?) so I'd just leave them alone on the GMC hood if I go this route.
I saw some pics recently of someone running a '57 GMC hood on a '55 or '56 Chevy and it looked like the front edge "lip" of the hood was a good fit, but I have no way to know if they modified it. I'd certainly be a lot less tempted to try it if I'd need to replace the "lip" as well.
Anyone have any experience with this type of mix-n-match?
-Josh