A couple of more things to consider. Your 235 mounts on the sides of the engine at the very front, and at a very strong cast iron bellhousing where it sits on a crossmember. The 3 speed trans then cantilevers off the back of the bellhousing A modern automatic mounts at the very rear, not at the bellhousing. That's a lot of weight to hang between the front mounts of the engine and the rear transmission mount. I'm sure someone's got the answer. My thoughts would be to side mount the 235 at about the middle of the engine, and use the rear trans mount with a new crossmember. Or use the front mounts of the engine and figure some way to mount off the newer automatics bellhousing using the original? crossmember. Both of these options require some fabrication. The Tom Langdon adaptor get's the engine and trans connected, I didn't see where it addressed mounting in a vehicle. I did not look at the Buffalo adaptor.
John