I have a glitch, went out last night and the battery was stone dead. It seems I have a slight draw on the battery that I need to track down and I think it has to be in one of the last few things done which are the dome light, ignition switch, electric cooling fan, and alternator/amp guage. I had a good system before these four things with the truck sitting for a week with the new battery hooked up and holding charge. fortunately it isn't a long list, but anybody want to make guesses as to which is the culprit. There was a lot of confusion in the directions for hooking up the alternator with the amp gauge, I ran the "solenoid power" wire through the amp gauge then to the starter solenoid power. The white wire to field 1 on the alternator with a jumper from the hot post on the alt. to field 2. Is the jumper not needed?


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.