I have no air compressor but do have an excellent local auto paint store. I removed the seat and removable panels, then sanded, primed, and prepped all the surfaces. Then I bought matching single-stage enamel and had it placed in spray cans with an additive to dull the finish to a semi-gloss sheen. I did the entire interior six years ago and it still looks good. In fact, the truck won best interior at a show this fall.

Just make sure you or your helper are close to "world-class" when it comes to taping and masking--be overly careful.

A word of caution: if you suspect that Armorall was ever sprayed on anything, use a product like Polycracker BEFORE you start doing any sanding or prep work. If not, the "fish-eye" will dog you forever. I found this out when I was prepping my wife's '67 Impala SS for an interational show--two weeks of daily shooting light coats to take care of the problem.


1956 Chevy 3100
261/700r4 (formerly 3 speed OD)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket