Don't worry about insults guys. I hang the ego & dignity on a nail as I walk in the garage every nite. Sometimes I pick them up on the way out, sometimes I don't... dang

Seal looks ok (right way), so after a little scratching we pull the rear end apart tonight (leaker was the front end). Just like padresag says, we left a spacer out of the front axle. This truck was my distraction earlier this year when I got to add "cancer survivor" to my list of accomplishments, so I'm going to assume it was a night when my mind wasn't quite where it was supposed to be (or at least it wasn't in the garage with me).

So this spacer will bind up between the bearing and the seal (and felt pad) to keep this from happening? Guess that's an obvious question, but can't picture that in my head quite yet...


1956 Chevy 3600 NAPCO 4x4
1955 Second Series Chevy Short Box
1956 Chevy 3100 Short Box


Story in the Gallery
More pix and info on my web site