This is my father in-laws truck that I am working on for him. This truck was bought brand new by his brother and used as a farm truck up until the 1970's. Throughout the 1960's it made the long trip up to Prince George British Columbia where my father in-law's brother worked in the logging camps. This truck, while being properly maintained, has always been a work truck. It sat in the bush for 27 years before I pulled it out...and it ran!
If you look closely at the pictures you will notice the absence of rust. Why this truck survived so extremely well, I have no idea. There was a 1958 Biscayne, that had also been purchased new, parked in the bush not 25 yards from this truck and there was nothing left of it. Other vehicles in the same yard were also completely rusted out as where similar trucks in neighboring farm yards.
http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww126/gustoffur/1956%20Chevy%20Truck/

Last edited by Farm56; 10/14/2009 9:52 PM.

1956 Chevrolet Apache 1300

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Trent Lalonde
Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada