I replaced the stock exhaust manifold on my 235 with twin fentons and lost the automatic manifold heat as a result. The truck has stalled twice due to (I think) carb iceing shortly after start up. (When hot, it runs fine).
Here is my solution and please let me know if it is really stupid.
I made a 3/32 thick aluminium cover for the base of the intake manifold that seals the void below the carb.
My plan is to plumb two 3/8 " compression fittings to the plate at the base of the intake manifold and run two 3/8 aluminium lines to the heater intake and return outlets on the water pump.
That should provide 50 degree water under the carb when cold (18 degrees above freezing) and 180 degree water when the engine is fully warmed. (which should be about the temp of most of the engine.
Do you think this will cause vapor lock problems at the high end or some other problem that I might have missed. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks Mike