Having run Langdons Carter/Webers on my built 235 for almost 10,000 miles without any major adjustments since they came out of the box, I highly recommend them. However, aside from the fact that they give excellent, carefree performance, dual carbs are not going to give you any great noticeable "kick-in-the-pants" sensations when you put your foot down and open the mechanical secondaries. Granted, you eliminate all of the issues encountered with a wornout Rochester, but I'd have to say that the "visual" effect is paramount. Having run a single Holley/Weber on the same engine with just as good performance/fuel mileage, I think you need to consider the cost of a dual setup, the initial installation, and what you're trying to accomplish by adding duals.

IMO, running triple carbs on a 235 with the center carb blocked off, with the linkage and firewall/shift box/fender support rod clearance issues just seems like a waste of time and money.

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"