| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,257 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 77 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 77 | Grigg, I just saw your reply to my email. I have the clamp plates on both fronts, and the 10 lug on the rears. All the wheels seem to be originals.I understand that mine are the hub-piloted with the flat lugnuts. I can't see a reason why I couldn't switch to a stud-piloted wheel and use the correct lugnuts.The lug circle is identical on either wheel according to the chart in the tech article. If I wanted to use a stud-piloted on the front, I would have to make a new 5 lug clamp plate to match the conical lugnuts, but the rears should bolt on. Must be something I am missing? Are the lugs themselves identical between year models? | | | |
Entire Thread
|
wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 3:51 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 4:06 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| 3B | 09/21/2009 4:08 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 4:16 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| crenwelge | 09/21/2009 4:28 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 4:53 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| Grigg | 09/21/2009 5:55 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 7:14 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| Grigg | 09/21/2009 8:29 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/22/2009 2:17 PM | |
| |
| |