| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,271 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 77 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 77 | I have read all of the tech article that was written by Grigg and I still have a question. If the only difference between the wheels is that one is hub piloted, and simply held on by the flat-faced lugnuts, and the stud-piloted is held and centered by the cone-faced lugnuts, then why can't an early truck simply use a stud-piloted wheel with the correct lugnuts? Unless I am missing some glaring difference (which I have been known to do)I fail to see why it can't be done and safely.
Ok Grigg, I am ready for my flaming now-- so please educate me. Thanks, John
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 3:51 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 4:06 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| 3B | 09/21/2009 4:08 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 4:16 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| crenwelge | 09/21/2009 4:28 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 4:53 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| Grigg | 09/21/2009 5:55 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/21/2009 7:14 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| Grigg | 09/21/2009 8:29 PM |
Re: wheels for a 53 5700 COE, again.
| sbafarm | 09/22/2009 2:17 PM | |
| |
| |