So, I went out to go to work last night, jumped in the big blue truck, hit the switch and it turned over, but would not crank.
1965 Chevrolet C10
1992 engine block and accessories, no ac
hei distributor (cap and rotor last replaced in 12/2004 by mechanic)
Carburetor: Holley - Model 4160 - single pumper 600cfm.
Intake: Edelbrock Standard Performer - Dual Plane
will turn over, will not crank
electric fuel pump is on
fuel spraying into the carburetor, visual confirmation
battery is good(12.64 with multimeter and it is a year old)... but just in case...
jumped it off with another vehicle, starter spins engine over fine, does not hit at all
I checked, with the multimeter each fuse on the panel for voltage passing through...
I had a blown fuse on the panel on the firewall, under the dash, replaced it, has not blown again, but no change.
power is going from the firewall engine harness plug to the hei (checked with a multi meter)
I checked the ground from the battery to the frame and the body... good.
I popped the cover off of the hei pack on top to see if maybe it was toast, no scorched wires or electrical funky smell.
I did pull the cap off and the point/contact things in there have some of that white oxidation on there, so I am cleaning that off before I put it back together.
With the blown fuse and a burned electrical smell from last night, I am leaning towards a electrical issue of some kind... a broken wire or something.
I'm kinda running out of things to check.
If any of you have any ideas, feel free to make suggestions.
Thanks.
-W