I have a question that I am sure is pretty much common sense to most on the forum, but like I have stated before, I am new. I am new to cars anyway, but have only had motorcycles my whole life, but a car is a brand new idea for me and I am learning, but what I am trying to say, is I am not completely inept with my wrench, I am just dealing with 2 more wheels now. I started working on my 57 chevy with the idea that I was going to leave the engine in and clean it and replace the gaskets then get it running and work from there. I don't want it to be a show car, but do want the 50 years of grease and dirt off so I can at least see where it will be leaking from once I replace the gaskets. I started top and was working down. I took the head and had it rebuilt at machine shop and replaced the gasket and side cover with gasket and water pump and intake and exhaust and carb. Now I went under and took off the steering arms and oil pan and now I am in desperate need to either lift it at least 6 inches to work on it or hoist the engine out so I can work on it better. What should I do? I realize now that I did things a bit backwards, but am looking for the best way to do what I want now that I am in this position. I keep seeing that people are lifting their engines out by loosening a couple head bolts and slipping chain around them. I don't like that idea since I just replaced that gasket and I also don't think it is a great idea for the bolts to come in and out that much and for the pressure on the threads. I just want a bit of experience to help me out. Thanks