| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51, mick53, Gdads51),
128
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,267 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 3 | I have replaced my original trans in 1954 Chevy 1/2 ton with a 1992, Chevy S-10 five speed. I have a new speedometer to accommodate the electronic drive in the transmission. I went to Mongo's garage for some of my information. I shortened the imput shaft 3/8 inches and put the correct bearing in the engine for the imput bought at NAPA. I have a 10 inch clutch plate, stock size, with the stock pressure plate. I am having some problem with getting it in and out of gear. I read an article on Inliners about using a custom clutch plate from a 77 Vega that has a pushed out bearing to relieve such a problem for the 261 and this transmission. Do I need to put in a different plate with the Vega front bushing?
Jasper2014
| | |
| |
| |