I recently purchased a '58 Chevy SWB Fleetside with the 235/3 spd.

I pulled the engine and tranny out of it today with great success. The engine turns over but it really needs to be "Freshened up" It seems to be all original, and who knows how many miles are on it. It didn't run when I got it, so I have no idea of it's internal condition. I did pull the valve cover off to find alot of burnt oil on the cam/valves, so I'm pretty sure it got overheated pretty badly at some point. The 3 speed has a leaking output shaft seal, but seems to shift smoothly. I can handle that.

Do you guys have any recomendations on a good shop I can send the engine to? Someone that you trust? Someone that specializes in these engines and not just some hack shop?

Thanks for all your help!

Matt.

Last edited by skidmarks; 09/06/2009 3:50 AM.

1958 Chevy Apache Fleetside/235/3 sp
Pictures at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=317454&id=855355703&l=0a0f773195