| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, TrknGMC, TooMany2count, KEVINSKI, Peggy M, Lostbuthaulinass, wilbur53, Wayne67vert),
130
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,481 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 36 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 36 | I'm in the process of cleaning up an intake setup myself. This one I've had for over 25 years, used to run it on my '57 chevy 2door HT but it has been siiting (and getting grungy) for the last 20 years or so. I soaked the intake in a 5 gal pail of diluted muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid, same thing). The intake is too long so I just soaked one end until I was satisfied then flipped it over. Works great on cast iron also but you need to neutralize the acid after done. I first power washed the parts then soaked in a pail of water with baking soda in it. Stir often, then power wash again. Here's a before and after. http://www.telusplanet.net/public/tetachuk/intakebefore.jpghttp://www.telusplanet.net/public/tetachuk/intakeafter.jpg | | |
| |
| |