Hot Rod Dad.. I have to be honest with you.. I have nothing against the 235.. It's like working with stone knives and bear skins.. I love the simplicity of it. I can take the whole engine apart and put it back together with my eyes closed and it won't die even if i'm trying to kill it.. That being said, the only issue i have with it is that i'm [censored] off the 8 cylinders get better gas mileage then me.. I have the one barrel rochester call out on it. That carb seems like it was made with a hammer and a chisel.. No tolerances, leaky and a giant .56 thousands jet that you can stuff a pea through..
I found a rochester 4 year carb they used on the c-10 up until 1974 i believe.. one barrel with a manual choke.. it is what they call a mono jet (which i believe means it's adjustable).. So you can lean it out as much as you need to. Plus I'm sure the tolerances are better and i'm sure it doesn't leak as much as the 62 call one barrel..
It has the same exact bolt pattern. I thing I could block the extra vacuum hoses and replace the linkage with a cable.. This is one last thing I was going to try before the 283 motor.. This 2 barrel you speak of sounds tempting as well..
Have you ever tried to use later model one barrels?


62 Chevy windshields rock...!!