Don’t know how you would check the balance of the drums Dave, but that thought had crossed my mind. The out of round drum only has to be out a few thousands to feel a pulsing in the pedal and it would still be in balance.
I’ve indicated the wheels for out of round runout and wobble, they are fine. I’ve been thinking about making up a set of rollers that I can run up the wheels with and watch to see if they start the hopping. Back in the day a lot of the gas stations had wheel balancrs that spun the wheel on the car, wish I could find one of those rollers.
I’ve had it up on the jacks and turn the back end up to speed and I didn’t get the throbbing that I fee when I’m on the road. That sure sounds like a wheel or tire problem but when we spun the tires up on the Hunter road force balancer they checked out just fine. That lead me to the axles and flanges, checked them with the indicator and they are true. I wouldn’t be talking about it if it were a common sense thing, over the last few years I’ve tried about everything and it has me absolutely baffled. I even went down to the lumber yard and bought 800lb of sand bags to see if some weight in the bed would make a difference, nota.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL