About a month ago, I installed a completely rebuilt '59 235 in my '49 3100. Ever since then, I've been chasing pesky oil leaks which are starting to wear me out. I've read a ton of information on this forum, which has helped, but she still leaks! :mad: If I run the engine for 10 to 15 minutes, I get 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil on the garage floor the following morning. It seems like I should be able to do better than this with a new engine and new gaskets.

The source of the leak appears to be in two places. The first is several spots along the lower side of the pushrod cover gasket. Look carefully and you can see the trail of oil. I used 3M gasket sealer on both sides of the gasket and the bolts, so I don't understand why it is leaking. Maybe I didn't goop it up enough? Should I cut the cover off and start over or just accept the fact that 235 engines will leak? The cover is glued on there pretty good, so I'm not sure how to get it off.

The second leak is from the crankcase vent tube. The vent tube is a real mystery. I can't understand why it would leak at the vent tube. You can see that I used a bead of 3M sealer here, as well, but it still seems to seep oil.

Any advice would be appreciated.