So Bill, you being a pro mecinic and one of the common sense contributors to the Bolt, maybe you can best explain this to me. I’m trying to see just how that Snap-On one is supposed to work. It looks basically like a 12 point, 5/8” box wrench with a kick up bent into it that slides over the square stem on the knob. The part that I’m having trouble with is the screwdriver. Is that keyed and spring loaded and retracts up into the stem when you push down on the knob? And what keeps the box from sliding off the end of the square stem when you break or tighten the lock nut? Is that a setscrew on the finger side of the square? I’m assuming it’s the key to keep the driver from rotating?
And it’s still a two fisted operation and I couldn’t imagine trying to keep all that on the rocker with one hand, while the engine were running and trying to get the feel of the clearance wit the other hand.
In other words, again, what is the advantage of this over a stubby and box wrench???
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL