Originally Posted by tclederman
Paul.

Nice looking air cleaner cover. Tell us about it - the base, the filters, the cover (sheet metal or cast metal, and from where).

Tim
Thanks, Tim. I bought the air cleaner from O'Brien Truckers. If you click on the Products link, there's a picture of my air cleaner in the bottom right hand corner.

It's a two piece air cleaner; a finned aluminum cover with a plain aluminum base. I then had it powder coated black for looks, to match the valve and side covers. It bolts to the center mounting screw of each carb. The filters are "standard" five inch paper filters that seal to the base and the cover and encircle each carb separately.

The whole setup was not cheap. The air cleaner was $175 (if I recall correctly) and the powder coating was around $75.00.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek