I put one in my 63 about a month ago behind a 230, and I love it. However, I agree with Joe, get one from an S-10...my install was enough of a pain in the @$$ without chasing a bunch of adapters to get it crossed over from a Ford case. My next challenge is to re-build my T-5 after driving it for a while. I didn't do anything to it but pick it up from a junk yard, put fluid in it and stick it in the truck. Apparently it was well trained by the PO...it changes its own oil!

One other pointer...unless your truck has a whole lot more room in it than mine you'll have to straighten the shifter out a little bit or it will hit the bench seat when shifting into 2, 4, & R. Solution is either change to buckets or judicious application of a BFH with a little heat (not too much or you'll damage the shifter).


Daily Driver 63 C-10 LWB Fleetside