| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,211 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 208 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 208 | Background: 1589 Apache 3200 235 3 on the tree - bone stock never rebuilt 58k miles. Found in a garage - not run for 15 years.
I brought the truck home in March & have tinkered here & there with it since then.
The first thing I did was install a new modern rear main seal. Thanks for the help from the forum by the way - I never would have known about a sneaky pete otherwise.
Then I cleaned the tank & replace the fuel lines & found the pump was bad. New pump & I rebuilt my first carb only to find I screwed it up.
The new carb arrived today! - Of course it didn't fit. I was so pi$$ed if you know what I mean. I was able to use the lower half of my old carb & the top half (bowl & float etc) from the rebuilt one & varoom - off the the races.
Except it was only kicking on 3 cyls. A new set of sparklers & I was on the highway man - cruise city!
I am so tickled with myself. I have always been a tinkerer but honestly this was the first dead horse I ever resurrected.
I still have a ton of work to do before I would consider it safe, but it is a real running truck right now. The only smoke came from my oil filter leak. That's on the list.
My immediate fix for now is the brake lights. Once I have those I can actually drive on the road.
Sorry for the blog. I'm just excited. | | |
| |
| |