Thanks for your input Grigg.. I will have to see if i can find one of those rears on the cheap...

If not I will attempt my plan, i have already spoken to a friend who works in a machine shop and will cut my splines for me, I may want to narrow the rear end even narrower than stock anyway... my trucks not really a restoration.. Its highly modified...

another question you may be able to give me input on, the front axle has the adapter that changes the 6 lug pattern on the drum to the wider 5 lug pattern for the rim.

Has any one ever tried to put a disk in place of the drum, the 6 lug pattern looks like the standard large pattern on full size Chevy's from the early 90's to current i believe...

I was thinking about taking the drum and machining most of it away so that i retained the bolt circle and center bore and sandwiching a disk between the adapter and what will be left of the drum...

I did see the info about the other front end.. but was just thinking...