I was lucky and found new front cyls for my 2-ton, they were from a early 60's truck and the hose ports are canted back a few degrees, otherwise fit perfect. My original ones were pitted beyond repair.
I did have an issue finding the 2" bore with the ports for dual cylenders for the rer end. My PLAPS is great and they are an immense help, but we couldn't find those. I did get rebuild kits and honed them out, but I'd relly like new cycls in there. I'll look into sleeving them for sure.
My real issue is drums. They have a good deal of thickness left in them, but my rears have heat cracks and after my last haul job where I was dealing with 30+ degree inclines, I'd feel a LOT better if I had all new parts.
1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI
I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion! :P