Originally Posted by tclederman
...It costs a little $$$ but their reputation is impeccable...

Good, but I wouldn't say impeccable.
From what I have seen and from several good friends who worked at WP a few years ago the quality of work on the brass sleeved cylinders was not the best, returns and rework were quite common, I haven't heard any updates though, perhaps they now use stainless and do better work???

Personally I would go to:
Mark "the machinist" Frappier
82 Mountianview St.
Agawam, MA 01001
413-789-4588, or 800-528-5235
He does outstanding work at very reasonable prices, often cheaper than you can get a new cylinder. I have never heard of or seen a less than perfect looking and functioning stainless steel sleeved cylinder from him.

The automotive restoration shop I worked for used him exclusively, and I have seen a fair number of cylinders sleeved by him. There were even a few times we had some cars come in with brass sleeved cylinders from WP that needed re-sleeving, Mark had no problems with that, and we ended up with a longer lasting better quality job, for less money I'm sure.

Having seen and experienced both the WP brass sleeved jobs, Mark's nicely stainless sleeved cylinders, and being a machinist myself; I highly recommend Mark's work.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-