Its your truck, do what you want.

I happen to like the 9-foot beds. I've thought about creating one with duals, but haven't done anything in that direction. I did see one done that way a few years ago at a car show. I'm sure I took pictures of it.

Regarding driveability, I don't think bed choice will make much difference, though the exact configuration the bed sides and the mirrors may make a difference.

Duals versus single-wheel does make some difference in rear width, but done the stock way its not a lot of difference and may not make any real difference.

Wheelbase and turning radius do make a difference. I'm not sure how long a Task Force 1-ton is, but at 137 inches the AD 1-ton is a long truck. I used to drive an extended-cab long-box 1-ton with a 155 inch wheelbase and that thing could be a challenge to park. Length and visibility are two factors I'd consider carefully.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...