Couple questions here:

1) About to replace a bunch of things on my '53 one ton I just purchased w/ a '56 235 engine. I found a box of AC Delco Platinum spark plugs in my garage (model 41-932). Why I have them I don't know but will they work on my 235 engine?

2) My friend is going to help with installing all of my new parts (oil, fuel, water pumps etc.) I already bought an alternator and bracket. He thinks I should wait and get it running before I convert to the 12 volt. I don't see the point in waiting if I already have most of the items needed for the conversion. What's everybody's opinion?

3) Also, I have the original oil bath filter but don't like the idea of adding oil and cleaning. I did some research and believe I can keep the original set up but can rig a modern day paper filter in it to make it more up to date. Is this true and are their any negatives to doing this?

Thanks

Last edited by huthip; 07/06/2009 3:53 AM. Reason: another question