Hey all,
I have a 49 3100 with huck brakes. On the front right brake when I hit the brakes it tends(not always) to start engaging, then lock up the wheel. but it kind of happens on its own, even when I start releasing the brake pedal. You can feel this start to happen sometimes, then it goes away. But sometimes it grabs completely locking the right front wheel up. Anyone care to ponder with me what causes this. all four cylinders have new Brake shoe return springs- Fluid level is correct. Wheel bearing torqued to 33 ft lbs, then the castle nut backed off 1/6th of a turn to fit the lock pin. The shoes have plenty of material on them and the are uniformly wearing. there is no debris or sand of any kind in the drum. the inner side of the drum where the shoes contact is clean and polished from the braking.
let me know if you need any more info.