| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (TooMany2count, 55shaker, klhansen, Phak1, 3800GUY, Gdads51, 1 invisible),
75
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,138 Posts1,056,440 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I can't help on the parts.
I've seen the IFS on a '61 1-ton and it looked very similiar to the later coil spring type. I was curious how different they are so looked it over pretty good, but did not measure it at all. It has since been scrapped.
I've seen at least one thread where someone said they have swapped the torsion bar IFS for a coil spring one, but I haven't done it.
At this very moment I have a '72 C20 IFS on a workbench in my shop. I'll try to measure anything you describe on it. It may be back under the truck soon, so this could be a limited time offer...
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |