Yes olblu49 it is common for the seal to eventually wear the axle. The seal surface can be turned down just a little and polished by someone skilled with a lathe, but only a little. Some people have had success shifting the location of the seal a little , but I have not.

The bearing saver, that I gave the # of, is quite thick, much like a normal inner race , maybe 3 or 4mm thick , not at all a speedi sleeve, that would be a different item. also the axle is not turned past where the bearing normally runs , leaving the seal area untouched.

Wisner955 , if you do your own turning , be aware the axle steel is really grissly and you need to have a powerful rigid machine , carbide cutter and a power feed and coolant flow, to take a significant depth of cut, I have had the tool bit just glaze across the surface when too fine a cut was attempted.

Consider getting a machine shop to grind it down. A lot slower but much more controllable job.