| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, classicfins, 37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, 1946chevytruck, CandoBrent, 1 invisible),
80
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,661 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 | Yeah it was just bad luck. I asked the technician if I had it wired wrong and he said it would be much better to use the battery as a source for the HEI and not the alternator, but that no, the alternator just picked that day to die.
I found out the alternator was out of a 1985 Buick Electra and was a 108 Amp, but he souped it up to a 120 Amp while he was at it, which is cool. Now I can run A/C and an electric fan if I ever want to.
So anyway, I'm going to rewire that circuit while I'm at it. Thanks for all your help. | | |
| |
| |